View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Higby why...   Tue 12 Apr 2016, 21:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is unforgivable.

It changes everything. All the cases over the years, every time you wondered how anyone could be so lucky as to consistently hit you so well no matter what. LA's dropping from the sky shooting at full-auto and somehow still hit you in the head several times in  row. Heavies with full-auto guns scoring triple or quad head-shots in a row. Enemies using short range weapons who spray you from a long distance and still score multiple good hits, killing you. All those times you were moving quickly in your ESF and someone deci'ed you while on the move. All those sharp turns past a lib that still end in a Dalton hitting you. All those times you have low-pop fights and the same enemy(ies) always manage to get you, no matter what you do. All the times you fight a non-infil enemy that always know where to attack from. God-like Sky-knights whom you can never dodge or avoid and always remains glued to your ass - how many of them could be legit, how many altered their files to make your ESF have the hit-box of a Galaxy?

Think about all the times this, and more, has happened to you. All those "wow nice aim/lucky shot" cases are now at question - people always considered it either an aim-bot or hack of some kind, or someone who is a tad to good at the game to be healthy, perhaps. Turns out, it may just have been an untracable .ini file edit done locally to balloon your hit-boxes to absurd levels.

This casts doubt on everything. I can think of so many cases.

I think of hit-detection issues. This supposedly works in reverse, you can turn your own hit-boxes almost off. How many 'hit-detection' issues was actually someone doing this? I don't know. I will never know, and now everything is in doubt.

Go to the official forums and let your voices be heard. This shit ends. PREFERABLY BEFORE THIS WEEK IS OVER.

I don't want to quit PS2. But holy shit if this has not put a serious damper on my willingness to play. EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE A GUN-FIGHT WITH AN ENEMY NOW AND HE SCORES A FEW NICE HEAD-SHOTS I HAVE REASON TO QUESTION HIS LEGITIMACY.

If you are even remotely good at aiming and you are legit, prepare for a shit-load more accusations. Only now they won't be hackusations, but accusatINIons instead.

The best part? A modified .INI file can't be traced because it's not a program that aids you.

Virtually the whole outfit that was trying to get online today (login-servers were down for a while) logged off and stopped playing. I don't know how many will even bother to show up tomorrow.

Sorry for the long-windedness, I'm not even going to bother editing this shit down, I am way to fucking depressed right now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BakaBT Anime Community
I am a Terran and I want to be free
Back to top Go down
Dubnus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Tue 12 Apr 2016, 23:36

Fuck...Last nail in the coffin?

"We are nothing but a soul carrying a corpse" - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations.
Back to top Go down
Dubnus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 00:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BUT.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 00:17

How DBG handles this issue in the near future will decide a great deal of things, for a great deal of people, I am sure.

Now I've calmed down enough to actually sleep. I'm off, by tomorrow night I want to see progress here or I may not have the care to get on. If I never get back on PS2 it would be a very sad way to go.

BakaBT Anime Community
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 08:17

A fix was issued.

I want to clear up a couple of things regarding this 'hack':

1. This wasn't a simple change to the UserOptions.INI file. It was a change to a text file, but a text file found in one of the .PAK files, these files can be opened and edited using 3rd party software which is easily accessable.

2. From what I gathered, hit boxes in Planetmans have to be a client side matter simply due to the scale of the game and the strain on the servers.

3. SOE/DBG dropped the ball on two different occasions regarding this matter, the first being that apart from being in a .pak file, the hitboxes were not encrypted in any way and the second was that they were simple numeric values and not, say, binary code.

4. Another glaring oversight which allowed this to happen was the way SOE/DBG validated the game files. Planetside only validates your game assets once, once the game is being loaded, to make sure you didn't do anything like that. However, every single east-european or trailer trash faggot that still uses a 32 bit operating system knew that you can replace files post validation and the game would treat them as 100% authentic files. This is how this 'hack' and many other little tricks players use have worked.

So -

Here's hoping that they didn't only treat symptom, but the disease as well. I don't want to see another 'we gave all players Safe Fall 4 because we couldn't be bothered to fix the vehicle ejection bug'. I hope it's not another half assed soution but something that will pave the way for better and more enjoyable time on Planetside 2.

-Murdok

Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 09:13

Specifically, the reply from Radar_X is here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I sure fucking hope this get's fixed PERMANENTLY because I'm still quite shaken.

In short, as a leader my overall goal is to ensure that the people I'm leading around is having at least as much fun as I hope to have, and what I like the least about leading is massive fights where we have serious casualties to get things done - because it feels like I'm leading people to a grinder and pushing them in, in the hopes that the results will be worth it. I hate feeling like I'm feeding some asshole somewhere, and I hate it more when I lead OTHERS to the same result.

Then, being told that some people have been doing this kind of shit for years means, that for 100% of my leader-time that has gone on for years now, I have on occasion feed my own squad-mates to little shit-stains like this, is...

I am having the worst sinking feeling right now. I got it yesterday when the full weight of this shit hit me.

All I can hope for when this shit get fixed is that, the bottom-feeding shits we have been running into are now suddenly shit-tier players. Revenge will be fucking sweet, and at this rate if we are suddenly super-effective against, for instance, most VS players who mains HA I will be very, very happy. One thing is for sure, our collective K/D will be rising after this. We have been legit from day 1. Anyone that has not is now at a serious disadvantage to us.

If this is fixed during the day I will be on later tonight for the most epic revenge trip we have ever had. It will be absolutely magnificent.

BakaBT Anime Community
Back to top Go down
The0ptimiz0r
Come here often?
Come here often?

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 09:53

I was also very angry about all of this BUT 90% of your examples eycept the light assault and the close range weapons on long range, are skill dedicated and I´ve seen a lot of videos were you can clearly see that they haven´t used this but still they get kills like that. Keep in mind there´s a lot of people who are really good at this not only cause they play everday but on the other hand because of evolution (I don´t wnat to get to deep into this). It´s not all cheaters, I bet bearly anyone knew about this before...
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 12:31

Looks like it's been a known issue on Miller.

Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 16:06

The0ptimiz0r wrote:
I was also very angry about all of this BUT 90% of your examples eycept the light assault and the close range weapons on long range, are skill dedicated and I´ve seen a lot of videos were you can clearly see that they haven´t used this but still they get kills like that. Keep in mind there´s a lot of people who are really good at this not only cause they play everday but on the other hand because of evolution (I don´t wnat to get to deep into this). It´s not all cheaters, I bet bearly anyone knew about this before...

Read my post again. My point is, everyone of these are now suspect. Everyone who 'is just that good' becomes suspect now because there is just no way to know the real ratio of how many of them are indeed that good, and how many are shooting at enemy heads 3 times their regular size.

And it's not just hit-box issues, with the constant built-in auto-spot you have wall-hacks going constantly, not only can you not hide from them they will know the best approach angles to get to you. This would explain many of the people who are 'just that good' ar getting around a base, conveniently or luckily enough without being seen and flanked by an ally while wheeling around to shoot you from the side.

It don't matter how many are legit. With a wide-spread undetectable think like this, every.single.skilled.player is suspect. Hell look at Wrel's latest video. There is one blatant example of what I'm talking about a TR Medic with Cycler TRV comes out a door, sprays him with automatic fire, you see the tracers going everywhere but he still lands 4x headshots in rapid succession - that may have been very good handling of recoil at that range, especially considering the fact he shot Wrel right in the face after stepping past the door and getting his sights on him. That may very well have been legit, but how the fuck do you know for sure when it's not PROVEN a case like this existed when that footage was made?

You don't. That's the issue. I will be so damn happy when this is dealt with. It will literally be like playing a completely new game.

BakaBT Anime Community
Back to top Go down
Macsection
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 18:46

To be honest I think there's not that many players using this hack in planetside. Otherwise this would have leaked out to the devs or the ''legit community'' for sure. Don't expect too much differance in gameplay.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Wed 13 Apr 2016, 18:55

It's been reported to the devs multiple times over the past 3 years, both through regular channels and through private emails.

Back to top Go down
The0ptimiz0r
Come here often?
Come here often?

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 15:39

Well Focusif you would read my post, you would see that I said videos. There you can clearly see that they aim for the head and they´re that good aswell that they dont use wallhacks or anything like that. Bear in mind, if some known people would use it, this would have been way more known.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 16:42

Yes, in the case of high-end players who make videos - like for instance Wrel and Matti - they would not be dumb enough to use this, this is true. This point of yours stands, but so do mine - the average high-end player don't make videos, and it's not possible to know what percentage of them is legit, thus they are all - with the exception of those that do make videos - in question.

It's not fair, but it is what it is. Now that this issue have been resolved however, supposedly at least, I don't expect we will have much of an issue with this, and this topic is pretty spent, so I will leave it be from now on.

BakaBT Anime Community
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 17:05

Wrel is high end? Wrel is below avarage at best

Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 17:11

Shit, then what am I? Wrel keeps getting away with shit that I have never been able to pull off, like surviving ina tower full of obvious retards until he runs out of ammo - I have pulled that off only once - and other crap like running cloaked and even uncloaked between several enemies on a knifing spree, something I've never managed to pull off as I keep getting shot by people who pay attention and turn to shoot me.

I guess Emerald is just bottom-tier then.

BakaBT Anime Community
Back to top Go down
Dubnus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 18:24

Am I suspect now? Is, dare I SAY IT(!) is opti suspect? Is anyone w/ KDR (infantry) above 2 suspect? Lets stop the crying, grow up and respect the age old tradition of law - 'innocent until proven guilty'.

"We are nothing but a soul carrying a corpse" - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 18:48

I thought the FPS law was: "Everyone who kills me is a hacker"

Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 19:13

Holy shit people this topic was spent. Do I have to come back here to repeat myself over and over until you get it, or am I reading the implications out of my own words that you don't?

"All those "wow nice aim/lucky shot" cases are now at question - people always considered it either an aim-bot or hack of some kind, or someone who is a tad to good at the game to be healthy, perhaps. Turns out, it may just have been an untracable .ini file edit done locally to balloon your hit-boxes to absurd levels.

This casts doubt on everything."

"My point is, everyone of these are now suspect. Everyone who 'is just that good' becomes suspect now because there is just no way to know the real ratio of how many of them are indeed that good, and how many are shooting at enemy heads 3 times their regular size."

"It don't matter how many are legit. With a wide-spread undetectable think like this, every.single.skilled.player is suspect."

"...the average high-end player don't make videos, and it's not possible to know what percentage of them is legit, thus they are all - with the exception of those that do make videos - in question.

It's not fair, but it is what it is."

This will be the end of it with a few blatant, what-I-mean-is-exactly-what-I-say statements:

I am not accusing anyone of cheating, not in this outfit or anyone else.

I am saying that because of this issue and the fact it is becoming more widely known, everyone that is any good at PS2 will look suspect to everyone else, and yes that does include anyone in this outfit, even our most junior of members if they ever have a good streak or dare be accurate.

This is not fair.

This is not accurate, especially not now that the issue is fixed.

This will continue to happen regardless because more people are aware that there was an issue than there are people who know it was fixed.

This is not a cause of talking shit to me for pointing out simple blatant facts about Human nature, like how people will react to news like "an unknown number of people have been aimbotting without hacks since the game was launched, here is the proof"' and it sure as hell is not cause for accusing me of making accusations against anyone.

This whole post was a case of myself sharing the message about this issue and - perhaps foolishly it turns out - my opinion and some truths about how players in general will react to this.

That is all this was. And it's fixed now. Could we kindly can the shit-talking, cool the ovaries and move on?

BakaBT Anime Community
Back to top Go down
Dubnus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 20:22

@FocusLight Dude, you're the one writing paragraphs and from where i'm sitting, it's blatant that you're testing to see if you can use this as a scapecoat for anyone who's got lucky before. It simply isn't the case. I choose not to believe that people have changed their hitboxes as I havent no proof that any of them have. If there was proof, I would be in the same boat but that simply isn't the case. As for the ovaries, I am, and identify, as a shit-posting straight white CIS male so both pathologically and biologically I can safely say that I indeed, have no ovaries to cool. This shall be my last post on this thread.

Last edited by Dubnus on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 23:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar & Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Thu 14 Apr 2016, 22:06

I agree with dubnus. Just bad player with salty tears. And yes, dubnus has no ovaries.

EDIT: I removed the picture, I figured it was a bit too much. (it was a picture of a crying baby)
Back to top Go down
The0ptimiz0r
Come here often?
Come here often?

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Fri 15 Apr 2016, 07:09

Last comment: "get gud, you scrubs"
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Higby why...   Fri 15 Apr 2016, 14:52

Yeah, screw you guys, thread's locked.